100% PEFC Certified
Sustainable sourcing is part of the Oasis Brands customer promise and one of the principle drivers behind both our supply chain and our production process impacting such elements as facilities management, fiber supply and forest protection. Customers can be assured that Oasis Brands adhere to and exceed many global environmental standards.
- Oasis Brands and all of our fiber suppliers are chain of custody certified by the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). PEFC is an international non-profit non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting sustainable forest management practices. Learn more about our partnership with PEFC.
- Chain of Custody certification is one of the most comprehensive and rigorous mechanisms used for tracking wood products from forest to final production. This standard provides mechanism to ensure that the production “chain” through product development can be fully traceable back to a sustainably managed forest, meeting all requirements within the PEFC system.
- All Oasis Brands products and fiber supply are fully compliant with US Lacey Act requirements and fully certified under globally recognized legality and sustainability certification systems.
- Our primary base-paper supplier and strategic partner, Asia Pulp & Paper Group (APP), has implemented one of the most comprehensive Forest Conservation Policies in the industry since February 2013, including:
- A strict zero deforestation policy (protecting natural forest)
- Commitment to peatland protection and best practice peatland management
- Improvement of social engagement & conflict resolution
- Sustainable sourcing process and policies across its entire supply chain
- Furthermore, in April 2014, APP has announced a plan to support the protection and restoration of forest across Indonesia in 10 key landscapes.
Oasis Brands strategic sourcing supplier, Asia Pulp & Paper Group (APP) is one of the world’s largest fully integrated pulp & paper manufacturers, with a total capacity of over 21 million metric tons of paper, paper board, pulp & tissue products.
Headquartered in both Shanghai, China and Jakarta, Indonesia, the company is home to some of the world’s newest and largest pulp and paper making machines. This continual investment in technology provides Oasis brands with a consistent and guaranteed fiber supply with quality unmatched by any other tissue vendor throughout the globe.
We’re honored to have a strategic supply partnership with APP as it affords us the flexibility to manage and maintain a vertically integrated business model, providing our end-users with the economic and quality benefits they deserve.
In June 2012, APP published their ‘Sustainability Roadmap Vision 2020’ – a milestone in the organization’s history.
The goal is clear – Zero Deforestation. This applies to the entire APP supply chain – now and in the future. APP is working with The Forest Trust (TFT) and a number of other NGOs and stakeholders to oversee implementation of policy and monitor APP’s progress.
Like many businesses, APP works to balance the world’s demand for products against the natural resources available to deliver them. Climate, conservation, community, and commerce are the four areas in which APP is determined to find a way for them to thrive in harmony with each other.
You can review APP’s plans, initiatives and check on their progress by visiting APP or reading more by clicking any of the following:
The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) through independent third-party certification.
PEFC works throughout the entire forest supply chain to promote good practice in the forest and to ensure that timber and non-timber forest products are produced with respect for the highest ecological, social and ethical standards. The organization works by endorsing national forest certification systems developed through multi-stakeholder processes and tailored to local priorities and conditions. Each national forest certification system undergoes rigorous third-party assessment against PEFC’s unique Sustainability Benchmarks to ensure consistency with international requirements.
With 46 national members, 38 endorsed national certification systems and more than 300 million hectares of certified forests, PEFC is used by more than 18,000 companies, including Oasis Brands.
The pulp fiber found in tissue and towels made by Oasis Brands come from forests and controlled wood sources that meet PEFC’s Sustainability Benchmarks. Independent audits are conducted annually to ensure we’re able to trace every product we make back to the sustainable origins of their raw materials.
The pulp and base paper used in our products are made at integrated facilities with PEFC chain-of-custody certification, and is sent to converting mills where it is stored separately from base paper with other certifications. Our products are then manufactured in batch-runs with documentation listing all base paper used in each production run.